12 ft 10 in
5 ft 11 in
Mahogany clinker built sailing dinghy by F.W. Mitchell of Brightingsea approximately in 1954. Type A5 developed for Sea Rangers for stability and ease of handling. Boat number is not known as this appeared only on the original sail. F.W. Mitchell ran a yard in the High Street, Brightingsea, he died about 1981.
Phoenix was recovered in a derelict condition from the Aquadrome, Rickmansworth Herts, in 1982, having lain in grass for over three years. The whole hull was rebuilt by Mr G. Pitman of Hockley, Essex who donated her to the museum in 1991.